Hair straighteners are more popular than ever. I use a Sedu hair straightener, most of my friends do and if you still don’t use a hair straightener I certainly recommend using one. But does this high temperature straightening technique safe for our hair? Well, not necessarily. Actually, could be destructive and totally ruin our hair.
Read on to find the best tips for using a hair straightener and maintaining a healthy hair:
1. Check the heat distribution of the hair straightener – Some hair straighteners, mostly those with metal plates, have an uneven temperature among the surface of the plates. You hair could be severely damaged if one end of the plate will have a temperature of 180c and the other of 210c. Sedu hair straightener and other straighteners with ceramic plates usually have an even distribution of the heat.
More: Best Straightening Irons
2. Check the quality of the temperature control function – Hair straighteners with ceramic plates usually heat up and cool down quickly, what gives you a better control. You should also make sure that you can choose from a wide selection of temperatures.
3. A low temperature is not effective- A hair straightener which has a max temperature of about 150c will be less effective – Your hair style may not last through the day.
4. Do not use the hair straightener when you don’t need it – Using the hair straightener on a daily basis may harm your hair. Try giving your hair a day off at least once a week.
5. Use hair oils to protect your hair – An excessive use of the hair straightener may dry your hair out. Use oils to protect your hair.
6. Use Hair straighteners with advanced technologies such as infra red radiation and ionic technology – These technologies protect your hair and can even improve the condition of your hair. Hair straighteners like the Sedu hair straighteners which have both technologies will keep your hair in the best condition.
Hair straighteners are as safe as any other hair style treatment – Use them wisely and carefully and enjoy the feeling of a straight smooth hair.